Saturday, January 22, 2011

How To Trim Your Own Hair and Save $$$



I haven't had my hair trimmed professionally in 7 months, so far so good. I started doing this because I wasn't happy with the amount of hair that was being cut off by my stylist. Then I realized how much I was saving, a whopping $260 by doing my own hair and I obtained over 4 inches of growth. I suggest you invest in your own pair of professional haircutting scissors, if you are going to try this method. I also trim in front of the computer screen with a white background, because it shows the split ends clearly. Trim the split ends first, then asses the over all shape and even out any uneven areas. I never cut more than about 1/4 of an inch every 3 months, but how much you cut depends on how well you care for your hair in between trims. I use an Ayurevedic Regimen which includes Indian herbal infusions and oils. The video below beautifully demonstrates the trimming method I use and the chart shows you what to look for.

(The pictures above show one years worth of growth. The first 5 months my hair grew about two inches. After I started trimming my hair it grew about four. My goal is to reach mid back by the end of 2011)




No comments:

Post a Comment